About Wendy Thompson
Wendy Thompson is a Certified Professional Coach and one of the first in Canada to obtain a Certification in Neuro Transformational Coaching. She specializes in coaching high potential teams, leaders and executives.
Certifications & Training
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC), Coaches Training Institute
- Certified NeuroTransformational Coach (CNTC), beAbove Leadership
- Organization & Relationship Systems Coaching, Center for Right Relationship
- Certified Human Resources Leader, (CHRL), Human Resources Professional Association
- Professional Member, Canadian Association of Professional Speakers
- Team Management Profile™, Team Management Systems
- Team Diagnostic™, Team Coaching International
- Leadership Circle Profile™, The Leadership Circle
- Leadership Culture Survey™, The Leadership Circle
- Crucial Conversations, Vital Smarts
Associations & Affiliations
- Network Member, Team Management Systems International
- Board Member, Canadian Association of Professonal Speakers (CAPS) Southwestern Ontario
- Member, Human Resources Professional Association (HRPA)
Wendy has more than 25 years of HR experience, including eight years on the executive team of a high-growth technology company. Her HR and executive expertise includes:
- Recruitment and retention strategies
- Performance management and leadership development
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Terminations, discrimination and harassment
Wendy has worked with small, medium and large organizations in the following sectors:
- High tech
- Not-for-profit and social services
Wendy is an active member of her community in London, Ontario. Some of the volunteer activities that fill her with love and gratitude include:
- Facilitating the Economics section of Junior Achievement's "Staying in School" program.
- Sitting on the selection committee at Western University’s Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry – helping the university identify applicants likely to become the next generation of medical leaders.
- Serving hot meals as part of an "Out of the Cold" program – helping homeless people in our community.
- Teaching the principles of employee recruitment to entrepreneurs at TechAlliance’s Entrepreneur Boot Camp.
- Instructing leadership courses at Fanshawe College in London, Ontario.
- Delivering keynote speeches at professional associations and organizations, including TechAlliance,
I believe the human need to connect underlies everything.
I believe it’s important to be direct and honest, clear and compassionate.
I value family and friends, and I make time for them.
I own my mistakes without letting them haunt me.
I pursue challenges – in work and in my personal life – because that’s the only way to grow.
And I am grateful for every client, colleague and partner I have the opportunity to work with. Every person in my life has something valuable to shar